Di and her husband Ian have lived in Hawthorne, in the Bulimba electorate, for almost 20 years. It’s where they have raised their two daughters, Lucy and Millie, and where Di has been actively involved with numerous community groups over many years.
Di was honoured to serve as the Member for Bulimba from 2009-2012, earning a reputation as a hard worker who is passionate about her community.
She was delighted to be re-elected in January 2015, promising that, under a Palaszczuk Government, she would again be making sure that the voice of her community would be heard.
Di believes that a politician can’t know what their community needs if they’re not out and about, making themselves as accessible as possible and listening to what’s important to people.
It’s why she is so aware of the need for good health and education services. And it’s why she will work with local residents to ensure they have a say in developing a long term local plan that addresses future development, public transport needs and local traffic congestion issues. She knows how important it is to address these issues if we’re to retain the quality of life that’s so precious to residents in her area.
Di holds a range of positions on local community organisations, including:
- Volunteer Marketing Coordinator – Morningside Festival
- Patron – Bulimba Senior Citizens.
- Patron – Cannon Hill District and Vietnam Veterans RSL Sub-Branch
- Patron – Cannon Hill Bowls Club
- Patron – Morningside Panthers Football Club
- Patron – QLD Scleroderma Association
- Life Member – TS Gayundah Naval Cadets
- Volunteer – Bulimba Meals on Wheels
- Corporate Member – South East Brisbane Chamber of Commerce
- Member – Bulimba Historical Society
- Member – Friends of Balmoral Cemetery.
Di is also the Deputy Speaker of the Queensland Parliament.
Working with local residents over the next three years, Di will apply her experience, and her genuine love of and passion for her community to get the possible outcomes for her local community.