Charis is the Labor Member for Jordan and is also the Assistant Minister for Treasury.
As one of the fastest growing electorates in Queensland, Charis is working hard to ensure that Jordan has access to local jobs, infrastructure, and services to meet the needs of her growing community.
Now in her second term, Charis has already advocated for and is delivering on key local projects including:
- $44.5 million for the new Springfield Central Park n Ride
- Upgrade to the Centenary Highway/ Logan Motorway Interchange
- Funding for the Brisbane Lions AFLW Stadium in Springfield
- New public transport for the Greenbank & Flagstone communities
- Child Health and Maternal Clinics in Springfield and Flagstone.
- New schools for Spring Mountain and Greenbank – and planning for six new schools
Charis has also established ‘Greater Springfield Regional Connect’ – a group of key government agencies, community social service providers, schools and charities – aimed at ensuring there is a safety net for those in the community who are struggling or need support.
Charis’ election to the Queensland Parliament follows a career of over 20 years in the public and private sector. She has also previously held positions on a number of Boards including government and superannuation.
Charis loves living locally in Greater Springfield with her husband, two daughters and their energetic Labrador, Charlie.